The Academy Council operates as a sub-committee of The Acorn Education Trust Board of Trustees.
As a member of the Acorn Education Trust the structure of the Academy Council and its responsibilities are set out in the Acorn Education Trust Scheme of delegation.
The Academy Council is responsible for maintaining the unique identity, community ethos and culture of their school.
Academy Council members also provide an essential link between the Trust, the school, parents and the community.
The roles of the Academy Council are:
- Culture Vision and Ethos. For Church Schools, like West Ashton, this is the delegated responsibility of the local diocese and the Vision Culture and Ethos as a Church of England School
- Parental Engagement
- Safeguarding in conjunction with the Trust
- Local Community relations and services
- Behaviour and reward. This includes the delegated responsibility of the behaviour policy in consultation with the Trust Executive.
- Communication, marketing and perception of the school
- Extra-curricular offer
- To supply Academy Councillors to fulfil cross Trust roles connected to Performance, Standards and Safeguarding
Names of Trustees and Directors
- Membership and meeting attendance of our own Academy Council
- The register of business and pecuniary interests.
Chair of Academy Council
I am a Foundation governor and joined the Academy Council in Autumn 2018. In January 2019 I became Co-Chair. I am a retired Army Officer and live in Warminster which is where my three children went to school. I was closely involved with my children's secondary school both as Chair of the Parents' Association and assisting them to set up and run a mentoring programme for sixth former's and am enjoying the new challenges associated with assisting at the primary level of education. Although West Ashton has been through some tough times recently, it is now developing rapidly and I am very pleased to be able to play a small part in helping the school to achieve success and reach its full potential.To contact Robin, please speak to the school office and they can provide this information.
I am a Safeguarding Governor and joined the West Ashton Academy Council in September 2021. I am also the Early Years Lead in West Ashton primary school. I am an Army wife with two teenage children and have spent much of my adult life managing a nursery in an army garrison in Germany. My hobbies include reading, walking and spending quality time with my family.
I am a Foundation Governor and live in Hilperton. I am married and we have one daughter at West Ashton School. As a Foundation Governor, I am a Christian and support the Christian ethos and vision of the school and link with the Church. I also advise on marketing and communications for the school.
I am a marketing manager for a local law firm and have run my own marketing business for the last five years. I have worked in educational marketing (further education, higher education and independent education) for the most part of my career
In my spare time I am a keen photographer and love to explore Wiltshire with my family.
Rev Alan Coutts